Tonight I want to talk about Blessings, Sometimes the blessing is localized or initialized by a place, I believe it is adequate to Look at the life of Abraham, I’m sure there are others we can look at but for the sake of time, we need to examine how Abrahams blessing came about.
12 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. 4 So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. 5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. 6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.7 And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord.
American King James Version Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
- The blessing is always through a covenant, for new testament believers that covenant is Jesus Christ.
- The opposite of covenant is a curse
- The enemy must be in the covenant in order to have the legal right to oppress, steal, kill, and destroy. (John 10:10)
What is more important than what I just mentioned Is sometimes the covenant is based on instructions and locations case in point
Genesis 12:1-3 is the first covenant spoken to Abraham
Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Why was the covenant delayed?
- Abraham allowed the word of the Lord to be carried away by his father
- Sometimes when God speaks you need to keep it to yourself
- Abraham’s Father’s name Terra means Delay. Terra took Abraham to Harran, Harran seemed to be a settlement that Abraham’s brother Harran, it wasn’t until Terra died Abraham left Harran and proceeded to the Land of the blessings
Why did God tell Abraham to leave his home and family, because they worshiped idol manufacturers of idols,
- This is why God told him to leave, the foundation of who he is was corrupt and God wanted to establish a new foundation away from idolatry.
- God wanted to establish that the hands of humanity cannot mold the God of all creation, He is not amorphous, but is covenantal and wants us to share in His blessings through His Son.
- The Blessings were established in a location and that Location for Abraham was Canaan.
What Blessings have been prophesied to you that are overdue and are Tarrying, what are the conditions that have not been met?
- Is it a lifestyle
- Is it disobedience, has God given you instructions for example sowing a seed?
- Is there a demonic embargo against you,
- Has it been diverted or stolen
- Or is it that the time has not come